Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Indian food in Korea is not recommended

On Sunday morning I had an experience in South Korea that I did not anticipate nor enjoy in the slightest. This experience was that of food poisoning. Oh, the joy! I haven’t been as sick as I was since I was in Africa, and even in Africa I was sick for less time. I won’t go into detail, but the sickness started around 6:30 am on Sunday and I couldn’t put anything in my mouth without puke until noon. Then, I was sore and all out of sorts the rest of the day. Monday was okay, but I should have had NO FOOD instead of pasta late at night. Today, Tuesday, I am trying to not ingest anything except liquid and I’m pretty sure this is the best idea. I blame the whole thing on an Indian buffet I had in Songtan. Their chicken curry was cold and it should have been hot…which means it was probably sitting there for awhile. I guess I shouldn’t have eaten it, but I have this crazy belief that nothing bad will EVER happen to me. Sometimes I should rely more on logic than crazy beliefs. Sometimes.
I finally feel like an okay teacher and it is with this thought that I know I cannot be a teacher next year. I say that knowing full well I could change my mind. Although, today I was looking at what sort of jobs were open in the US. Yes, my friends, I am actually considering moving back to America. We’ll see what happens, but I am pretty sure I want one year of professional experience before I get my masters. If I don’t get professional experience, I’m still pretty confident I’ll be going to graduate school in 2010.
I’ve been slacking hardcore on learning Korean. The holidays and Taiwan messed me up.
I am jonesing to see Slumdog Millionaire. It sucks because it’s not in theaters in Korea and since it’s such a popular movie, it’s really hard to find a decent stream of it. Not okay.
I am writing this in my classroom and my students are currently quizzing each other on the names of all the members of Big Bang…wow. I used to be just like these girls! And if you’ve never heard of Big Bang, you should look that up. They’re a big deal over here. And they all look like women. Which I just told them and they just said, "No..." and then listed off all their names, as if this would convince me they were in fact men.

No comments: