Sunday, January 29, 2012

Barbeque

Right before I graduated college I was introduced to an awesome band by a hippy friend of mine. They are called Animal Liberation Orchestra. I have no idea why they are called this and I never researched it, I just found myself drawn in by a song they have called, "Barbeque". SUCH a great song. It's about realizing that dreaming does not equal living your dream and it's okay to destroy old dreams, dream new dreams, and not let life get you down with it's winding roads and detours--that's all part of it! The reason I'm telling this paragraph long story in the beginning of an entry: this song is exactly what I'm learning now.
Life can seem really hard and ridiculous sometimes and other times it seems so ridiculously easy. I'm in the seemingly hard and ridiculous stage at the moment. I foolishly thought it would be easy to transition back into American life since I had transitioned into Asian life...and forgot how difficult THAT was. Moving back to your home country and realizing your worth (as far as human capital goes) has drastically dropped since you last resided there is really depressing. I've been much too slowly realizing that it is time to re-evaluate where I see myself in five years and how I can aggressively work my way into that position. Which means I need to barbeque those old dreams an dream up some new dreams!
I also need to figure out how to resize my photo so you don't have to scroll down to see my entries.

No comments: