Monday, May 11, 2009

Never thought I'd write that as an objective

JUST finished a brand new version of my cover letter (specifically designed for education jobs overseas) and updated my resume. Whenever I finish something like that, I always feel especially cocky. I had to puff myself up considerably to write all those amazing things about myself but think it's a good sign that I feel so great about if afterwards. We'll see what sort of job I can get with what I've just written...I'm praying for the best.
I go to California in less than 3 weeks which is distracting. I know distracting is not the adjective anyone would expect, but it is just that. I love being overseas, it suits me. I think it's crazy exciting and even on"boring" days, I am still figuring out life overseas and that fact alone perks it up. Going back to a country I was born and raised in, understanding all the conversations around me, eating food I know the ingridients to...it's gonna be different. I am excited, though. No worries about that. It'll just be an old experience masquerading as a new one.
I can say "where is my head?" in Korean. For some reason, I thought this particular sentence was hilarious this morning. I got a mosquito bite in the palm of my right hand. No part of me thought that was hilarious. Currently on the phone with a loan payment company. Also not funny. Apparently, it's insulting to say to someone younger "how old are you?!" when you're angry. Gotta love Korean culture and the emphasis on age.

No comments: