Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm not much of a writer, but this is true.

Passion.
I find this to be one of the most important words of my life so far. When I've had it, I've been successful and happy. A driven woman who wasn't discouraged by much and who was motivated by pure passion. When I've been without it, I've been easily discouraged and just sad. I never realized how important passion was until I was without it. Honestly, I'm not even sure when it left.
I traveled to Japan with little idea of what would happen. I knew I had a temporary job, I knew there was a lot of potential. Potential meaning it could go great or awful. Lots of potential. Everything collapsed pretty quickly once I got here and it was exhilarating to piece everything together. But really I had no passion for Japan, waning passion for teaching, and a resentment for starting over again.
I have wondered many times why I have felt this way since I got here. A growing resentment. It's not as if I was forced to come here, I CHOSE this. Not only did I choose it then, I am still choosing it now. So why would I resent a choice I am still making? Because I would like to blame everything I can for not being where I want to be. Not in the career I want, not in a country I love, not hearing a language I love, not currently setting up the life I want. The piece of the puzzle I was failing to see was this: THIS IS ONLY A SECTION OF MY PATH. I am still young, the world is still big, I have not ended my journey. This is the beginning! This is where it starts! Everyday learning, frustrations, joy, sadness, LIFE.
I realize I need to enjoy the journey, especially a journey this wonderful and fairy tale like. I am positive that the experiences I have had overseas fighting for what I feel I deserve will push me towards the greater goal of a career I have passion for in a country I can enjoy while speaking a second language I love. For now, the world is my classroom and I truly need to see it that way by respecting the people I meet everyday who can teach me something. I have had too many frustrations recently because I am impatient and unsatisfied. It doesn't need to be like this. I can rekindle my passion for life, learning, growing...PUSHING towards the greater goal.

No comments: