Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Military reality

I really did think I could be in a relationship with someone in the military and never have to deal with a deployment. I got spoiled by him being stationed overseas where he would never be deployed from. I knew when he took his new job he would get deployed because that's part of it.

But it feels horrible.

We have been apart before. I left Japan a little more than four months before he could come to America. We've taken trips without the other for work, to see family, see friends in different countries. We are not strangers to a long distance relationship. So what's different? Apparently, a lot and he feels so GONE.

I have always been a very independent person, I have never been afraid to take on life by myself. I don't know what has changed but I currently hate this deployment. It has only been 3 days and I hate it. I don't think I will ever even mildly like it. There is no silver lining.

This sucks.

No comments: